Thursday, February 3, 2011

January in Melbourne









melbourne in January the one thing I can say looking back during the current Sydney heatwave is that temps were bareable there.. and come 7pm [U could actually set your watch to it] we always had a cool change come in from the bay.. so it was a joy to be able to walk down to the beach and watch the sunset.. stroll & get falafels & ice cremes.. lol thats the part I miss the most

cricket was big on the agenda.. I had never been to watch cricket live so didnt really know what to expect.. but OMG! just to be there watching it larger than life is absolutely amazing.. the atmosphere.. the pride & support.. the lively characters.. the music.. just EVERYTHING! I attended the 4th test day 3... the friday evening fast paced 20/20 and the the Sunday eve ODI.. during remaining matches I took up residence in the pub alongside the [barmy army] pommies that were here [and there were many!] meeting my friend jamie with whom I shared lots of laughs.. and sunset strolls . we were to do the Great Ocean Road together but torrential rain forced the road to close due to landslides.. where it raining continuously for a whole week!

looking after kitty Basil was such a joy! I havent been this close to an animal since our doberman passed away in 2000... & it was soo good to be able to cuddle.. pat & look after him.. he would sleep with me at nights.. then miaw at me in the mornings to be fed and let out.. he would stay out nearly all day then come in late arvo... and rub up against me. He gave me a sense of routine & stability which I havent had in a long time...

my girl arrived back a day before my birthday & had non stop work & a dose of the flu to cope with.. I spent her work time out.. beaching it or tramming it [which meant gettin lost lol] and she took me out dining that night overlooking the beach which was absolutely stunning! the dining was different.. kinda a buffet style waiter service serving vegetarian.. pure yummo!

Rainbow Serpent festival was on and they had tickets for the 4 day psychedelic escapade.. that meant my stay was to be extended so I spent the last few days listening to music snuggling with puss & writing...

I arrived back to Sydney on Australia Day morning and very hot humid conditions... oh yes I thought.. welcome home indeed

more pics can be found at mizzhelenas twitpics